Wednesday 7 May 2014

Core Parking

David Shaw


17 November 2013


Hi guys.. just wanted to share something with youz about the FX 8 core Vishera's (unsure of this applies to 4 to 6 core and also Zambezi FX) .. okay its about the two updates perhaps you already know and have applied them. here they are (thanks to fossilfern at TekSyndicate forum for the links.)



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594


http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060


Okay so now that's done. I want to share why I think these are important updates/patches.. I hear it depends on CPU to CPU.. just your luck.. but once its applied in mine.. wow.. I had a little go at underclocking before, just to see what happened really.. and.. nothing.. I was SO surprised .. to see my games run 'as normal' even though I had underclocked to 2.2Ghz. frame rates were the exact same as 4Ghz. (I only tried 1080 and 1440). without the mentioned updates.. I can 'feel' the cpu having problems.. that might be bologne.. a system builder with aspirations of being Patricia Arquette in 'Medium'.. but I do notice I get more screen cutting without the patches in games.


from what I read it depends from cpu to cpu. .. but I prefer to have rather than not.. unless your on win8.. in which it gave me lots of problems.


peace


Dava

No comments:

Post a Comment