Friday 30 May 2014

Amd Vs Intel Benchmarks..the last of my OCN blogs..



Originally posted (Christmas 2011) on my former OCN blog. different time, different place, different thoughts.




......




After years of trying to like AMD's plucky 'do it on the cheap' attitude

I finally came to a conclusion today... i don't think they can cut it. i have my own long story in slow understanding of this, which i won't bore you with, neither the clich'e of starting a thread to whine about AMD vs Intel.




just to put it simply, I like Intels now. Intel's seem to do what I want, when I want, not be singing a wee song while doing the washing up. the little sparkler (candle) in my heart wants to defend AMD, but y'know just because i can afford it on my budget doesn't make it good. i can admit that to myself now, seeing how an AMD six core was beaten by a Intel quad. also 'yknow




3 is the magic number..ohh yes it is, ..its the magic number!.




Why didn't AMD bring out a range in 3Ghz back in the day? why because i think they couldn't ..  they don't know how to count to 3 (jk). their hz rating must be off or everyone in the whole I.T. community must be an intel fanboy lolololol 6 cores really?? you couldn't beat him with six cores? ..what do you need, an uzi*???




there are people in the eastern block given enough incentive could beat AMD with two years, a tin can, and some copperwire.




Intel are like the extra stick of ram in the slot. AMD won't ruin the Warranty on your PSU.




just a wee rant to get this off my chest, sorry. feel better now.







if you like AMD i didn't mean to offend you, i was just sick of pretending. not trying to be heavy.




peace




Dava




*@AMD was it because your brother had broken out of jail and your missus was pregnant, so you had a lot on your mind? W.O.E were you thinking?










(Updated spelling and grammar / 05/Aug/12/ back 'into' AMD just now.. very embarrassing though 8-cores being beat by still 4 cores.. even their own)




and again on 11/12/2012.










Got the new Vishera..erm.. im in lurvvv! wow.. some stupid thoughts I always had on the amd vs intel.. I had always thought AMD did capacity over intels speed. vboxing is easier with an amd proc. not by much, but man those cores really help with both stability and be more organised. this pixie magic, erm i mean Vishera, with flatten i7 if we work out how to clock 6ghz. in other words kik az! Im not going back to the 'yahyak nahhgg i hate amd/intel fanboiz' rubbish.. i like that people care a bit less about that these days.. its nice to have peace.. but also some and i stress the word 'friendly' rivalry. :)







-----------------------------------------------------


First time I spoke to Rob .. :)


-----------------------------------------------------







WeRNothiNg 12/16/12 at 2:28pm Very accurate analogy. AMD is not a bad CPU, don't get me wrong, but it is like driving a Saturn. No one wants to, it's just all they can afford......




dava4444 12/16/12 at 10:39pm Thank you for your comment, I feel *FINALLY* with the Vishera AMD have came back on form, Phenom was a nice series for gaming, the first gen FX, was no upgrade, Intel are still ahead in many respects, but MAANN, I have a Vishera and let me tell you, this is quite a chip! and is clipping intels top heels.




capacity and price vs speed and operability, I VBoxed for a hobby for many years, not any more, but man, I would take AMD's stability over Intel's sluggish vbox performance, especially with these new 8 core chips.




sorry, maybe that was OTT, ..it's just cos AMD guys ain't get'in respect back over the Vishera, most Intel guys prolly think it's like old FX, I guess. but man it's not.




peace




Dava




WeRNothiNg 12/17/12 at 3:51am What's the product number on this cpu you are speaking of? As they have many Vishera models. Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot afford a Core i7 3960X Extreme Edition, which is $999 plus shipping of course, but am going to have to upgrade soon. I am currently running a Core2Quad Q8300, 6 GB PC2 6400, Invidia GeForce 8800 GTX OC, on a ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo motherboard. It has primarily been used for media, but I do play quite a bit of games as well. It will probably serve my movie and music purpose perfectly for some time now, but I believe by the next generation of games I will be forced to upgrade whether I have the money or not. I have always been an intel guy, but I think if it came down to it, I would buy an AMD before I went without online gaming.




dava4444 12/17/12 at 4:34pm I have the FX8350 which about $210 stateside. it's AMD's top of the range AM3+ processor. also the current gen GTX's are pretty amazing, the GT640 is like a GTX560ti for less than half the price, there are a few models, but one of those is very very similar to the 560ti, and the only difference's are the 128bit bus and DDR3 memory. for $100 bucks that's not back for 384:32:16 that's 384 cores. What's your budget?




WeRNothiNg 12/17/12 at 4:57pm I cant seem to find a AM3+ motherboard with PCIe 3.0. That can't be right.




dava4444 12/17/12 at 5:11pm AMD doesn't have PCIE 3.0 yet. but it doesn't really impact you until you hit four cards anyway.. the ROG CHV (Crosshair formula V) has better lanes for the AM3+ socket.. really thinking about getting one myself so I can 3SLI. it's the only board that supports 3SLI.




WeRNothiNg 12/17/12 at 5:12pm Ok, this is something I put together rather quickly, but a base price rig with upgradable CPU options.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, ASUS GTX 560 TI graphics, 16gb pc3 12800, and AMD FX-6100 3.3Ghz 6 core($104). This was I could upgrade for the Vishera when the price drops a bit, but should be happy with this setup for quite sometime shouldn't I? I just don't want to buy an AM3 board and be stuck with no upgradability options other than video. The grand total for this would only be $550 plus shipping.




WeRNothiNg 12/17/12 at 5:18pm How do I fix the PMs? Says I am limited to 2 per day!




dava4444 12/17/12 at 7:55pmYes WeR man thats sounds good stuff! you should be able to game on that np. and yes save for the upgrade, smart. amd @panchoeltroll yes I had the ASRock version of that board (I think) mATX nice board.




WeRNothiNg 12/18/12 at 3:00pm Well, still wont let me send a PM. I do have steam, but it wont let me add friends as I have not bought any games through them. All the retail games I own are through origin. Do you have Origin?




dava4444 12/18/12 at 7:38pm yes, same username as before




No comments:

Post a Comment