Thursday 8 May 2014

Can I count the many ways 'I love you'? or ARM and Intel.



Hi www .

I just couldn't resist, while thinking about the subject of my last article.. i thought about ARM and Intel, and I was laughing.

Disclaimer: all the following is hearsay, guesses, subjecture and just plain 'made up' but make if it what you will*.

So around 2004 ARM applied for an x86 licence from.. you guessed it Intel. now.. Intel weren't exactly kind, and they *supposedly* asked for a sum of money they knew ARM didn't have or couldn't get.. ARM was quite Chuck Norris'ed about the whole thing. around 2009 ARM was starting to be a little influential and yes because there was so many ARM chips out there.. powerful.

Intel applied for an ARM licence .. well.. HAHAHA .. I guess Intel drove a truck load of cash up to the offices in Cambridge England, and they replied.. 'y'know AMD is like my Uncle (RISC).. so erm.. you have to wait up to 4 years until after they bring out theirs before can go to manuf.' and Intel replied 'Can I count the many ways 'I love you'?'..but an unimpressed smiley face was the reply.

well all this was two years ago so who knows now? but yeah I was laughing :))



hope you liked my little novel. haha.







* I rem watching a episode of BBC Click, that mentioned ARM and Intel a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment